They Kiss Again (TDrama)
Summary from Wikipedia:
It Started With a Kiss ended with odd couple Zhi Shu (Joe Cheng) and Xiang Qin (Ariel Lin) getting married in characteristically comical fashion, and the sequel picks up the story right away with their honeymoon and married life. Xiang Qin is as ham-fisted as ever, creating many funny situations as she learns the ropes of being a wife and tries hard to become a good nurse and work alongside her genius husband. Aspiring doctor Zhi Shu meets some obstacles at school when he encounters both academic and romantic rivals who are determined to overrule him. The pressure of balancing marriage, work, and school often leads to mistakes and misunderstandings, and Zhi Shu and Xiang Qin soon learn that marrying young isn't all it's cracked up to be.
As Zhi Shu and Xiang Qin struggle with their professional ambitions, they also struggle with their personal relationship. Many times, Zhi Shu's coldness and harshness drives Xiang Qin to tears and she tries to run away. Zhi Shu himself tries to push Xiang Qin to higher ambition and making a life for herself. Zhi Shu soon learns to love Xiang Qin and forgive her bumbling ways, and Xiang Qin tries harder to become a better wife and nurse to her husband.
Zhi Shu and Xiang Qin are not the only ones having problems with their relationship. Xiang Qin's childhood friend Ah Jin (Jiro Wang) deals with the affections of Christine, an English exchange student who latches onto him against his will. Xiang Qin's friend, Chun Mei （Petty Yang), gets pregnant by her boyfriend, Ah Bu (Aaron Yan), but his wealthy, highbrow mother is desperate to keep them apart. Zhi Shu's younger brother Yu Shu (Zhang Bo Han) deals with his own first love and their story remarkably resembles that of Zhi Shu and Xiang Qin.
***For me, They Kiss Again is the best Asian Drama of all-time!!! Other dramas I have watched pale in comparison. This is the sequel to It Started With A Kiss which is my second favorite drama. I don't know if I should do a review of ISWAK first since it all started with ISWAK (get it?! it all started with It Started With A Kiss... hmmm... never mind) but TKA is IT for me.
- The chemistry of Joe Cheng and Ariel Lin onscreen is unbeatable.
- Two thumbs-up for Joe Cheng and Ariel Lin's acting (she won Best Actress @ The Golden Bell Awards for her role as Xiang Qin).
- The family dynamics is to die for. Kudos to the supporting actors & actresses. Jiang Mama, you're the best!
- *Bows* to the director... no need for words.
Con [only one]:
- Honestly, when I first started watching ISWAK (the prequel), I couldn't stomach Xiang Qin's stupid, idiotic ways or whatever you call it so I stopped watching it but I tried again because the reviews were so good. Boy, am I glad! And that is her character. Only Ariel Lin can endear Xiang Qin to us. I can't imagine another actress pulling it off.
Click HERE for the OST.